Why Fly Ford?
At the Ford Airport, we're making travel better. We offer more than 120 nonstop flights a day to 23 popular destinations. When you fly with us, you spend less time driving to big city airports, waiting in big city lines, paying big city premium parking costs, and dealing with big city traffic headaches.
Doesn't that sound better?
Your time is precious, and that's why the Ford Airport has gone to new heights to make sure that getting there is better here.
Have you done a price comparison lately? With the addition of low-cost carriers Southwest Airlines and Allegiant Air, fares are dropping at GRR while airline prices at those big city airports are rising. Airlines are investing in West Michigan, and that means more options, lower costs, and better service at the Ford Airport.
As our award-winning airport has grown, so have the conveniences and amenities available to you. We offer affordable on-site covered parking, just steps from the terminal. Doing business or waiting for your vacation to start? Our upgraded, complimentary Wi-Fi keeps you connected, and our free charging stations keep you plugged in.
Our newly renovated concourses are spacious, comfortable, and offer plenty of pre-flight tastes and treats. In Grand Rapids, we're known as Beer City, U.S.A., and our airport reflects the West Michigan regional culture.
Pick up a t-shirt at the gift shop, or a bag of melt-in-your-mouth chocolate covered Michigan cherries. Snack on a pulled pork sandwich with Michigan cherry barbeque sauce, or a warm, rich, bowl of cheese soup. Wash it down with one of our local craft beers on tap at Bell's Brew Pub or the MI Tap Room.
We are home to a city Forbes voted the "#1 Place to Raise a Family" (April, 2014), and the "#3 Best Job Market Nationwide" (Manpower, 2015). As our region grows, our airport continues to find ways to grow with it — from hospitality, technology, customer service, and comfort - we prove each and every day that getting there is better here.
Some of the reasons you should fly with us include:
- 120+ daily nonstop flights
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Business Centers
- Complimentary charging stations at every gate
- GFIA (Gentle Fur in Action) therapy dog program roaming the concourses, or available by request
- Kids Play Area with complimentary coloring books
- Local Art Program with Kendall College of Art and Design showing you the spirit of West Michigan
- "Green Coat" customer service ambassadors answering questions while roaming the concourses or at the Visitor Information Area
- Skycap services to assist with wheelchair transportation and/or luggage services
- Myriad parking options including valet service, covered short- and long-term parking, and our economy lot — something for everyone!